Each night I stare at the sky
the thousands of twinkling stars
and I imagine you there
dancing among the Moonbeams.

And the tears flow like rain
as I think of the time we were together
I am broken now, lost without you
But I know, the thing that will always connect us
are our Heartstrings

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I am baaaccckkkk

So I have been gone for quite a while. I really wanted to concentrate the blog on the positive and well, there just wasn't a lot of positive going on. So I stayed away.

Life is still very complicated, but, whose isn't? I have so much to do and decided to start sharing my positive adventures here.

Due to something negative (which I won't discuss here, at least not now) I am now the guardian for my 3 oldest grandson's. They are settling in, although in this teeny tiny house we are packed in like sardines! They share their Mom's old bedroom (the only other bedroom in the house lol). Since they have had so much happen in their young lives, we have them in counseling, I hope it will prevent future problems.

Now, having 3 boys in the house full time - woe - should be 3 times the laundry, but with sports it is more like 6 times. A friend dropped off several bottles of detergent when the boys moved in. Once that is gone, I have a recipe to make my own and will post the trials here.

Food has been another big shocker. The oldest, 16, is the skinniest person you will ever see. He also eats 2 steaks (with all the fixings), or 6 pork chops (with the works) at a meal. The other two aren't far behind. A few friends have dropped off casseroles which has helped a lot. As soon as I can get some freezer space cleared out, I have a couple of friends who will come out and help me get some freezer meals made. I have been collecting recipes on pinterest and across the web for a few weeks now. Again, these will be posted.

One of the main things I have to get done is soap!!! Due to my allergies it is all but impossible for me to use commercial soap. I have been making my own for close to 20 years now. I also make my own lotions, balms, bath products, etc. I will share all!

So, now to catch up on reading some blogs, and as soon as I get some projects going I will be posting.

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that you make all of that stuff. Very cool!
    It's amazing how much growing boys will eat! My two younger cousins are that age and I know exactly what you mean! They eat a LOT!!
    A packed house can have it's ups and downs. BUT it's great they are with you! Looking forward to seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs