Each night I stare at the sky
the thousands of twinkling stars
and I imagine you there
dancing among the Moonbeams.

And the tears flow like rain
as I think of the time we were together
I am broken now, lost without you
But I know, the thing that will always connect us
are our Heartstrings

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jessika's Imagination


As many of you know, Jessika was the only baby I could carry, as such we spoiled her rotten! She was a very good baby, slept from the first night on. She was terribly shy, as a toddler she would hide behind her Dad or myself when someone tried to talk to her.

She had an active imagination. When she was around 3 is when we really saw it. She had 2 invisible worms, she named them Takee and Oufot (...no clue where those names came from) she carried them around in her pockets. One time her friend Randi came out, she couldn't see the worms and thought Jess was crazy. So, she smashed the invisible worms in Jess's hands. Jess was hysterical, the only way I could calm her down was to do CPR on them. Ever try to do a realistic looking CPR on invisible worms? But, I saved them.

She went fishing one day with her Dad, they went down to Stanford's pond. Bill couldn't figure out what was happening to all his bait, he knew he dug up more worms than that. We found out after they came home and Jess started pulling REAL worms from her pockets. She wanted to keep them, so we had to explain that worms needed dirt and lots of it. Jess finally took them all out to the garden and turned them loose.

Also in that time frame she came running out of her room and slammed the door behind her and then barricaded the door with her tiny body, she told me I couldn't go in there because there was an elephant in there and he would crush me! I stayed out until she told me the coast was clear.

One day she was playing in the yard with our dog Raunchy (that's a whole nother story I will share later). She came running in the house screaming there is 17 pigs in the yard over and over again. She ran and jumped in my bed (where she tinkled in her pants) and Raunchy ran under the bed. She refused to come out, so I went outside so I could tell her the pigs were gone (what an imagination), but when I stepped out the door there were pigs in the yard, 17 to be exact. I called Bill who called the closest neighbor that had pigs and sure enough they were his and had gotten out, so he came and herded them home. Now, I didn't know she could count to 17, and heaven only knows why when she was that scared she stopped to count them!

That fall Jess came strolling in the house, she informed me that there were 3 antelopes in the yard. OK, do I believe her? I didn't know of any antelope sightings in the area, but I went and looked. There were 3, but it was deer, not antelope.

Life was never dull around Jessika. I wonder how different she would have been if she had siblings to play with instead of her imagination. At least now I know she is with those siblings, as well and with the two babies she lost.


Blessings

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs